Rochester Diocese Priests Accused of Sexual Abuse - Case Dispositions
The following excerpt is from the Rochester Diocese website:
1. Cases concluded canonically by dismissal or prayer and penance. The clerics whose names are included in this section either have been dismissed from the clerical state or assigned to a life of prayer and penance, with no public ministry possible.
Thomas Burr Prayer and Penance
Thomas Corbett Prayer and Penance
Robert Hammond Prayer and Penance
William Lum Prayer and Penance
Vincent Panepinto Prayer and Penance
David Simon Prayer and Penance
Francis Vogt Prayer and Penance (deceased)
Robert Winterkorn Prayer and Penance (deceased)
Eugene Emo Dismissed from the clerical state
Dennis Sewar Dismissed from the clerical state
Dennis Shaw Dismissed from the clerical state
2. Cases concluded canonically by voluntary laicization. Laicization is a canonical process whereby the cleric voluntarily requests that he be separated from the clerical state. In this section are the names of priests who sought laicization after being accused of sexual crimes, including those accused of the sexual abuse of a minor.
Albert Cason (deceased)
Paul Cloonan (deceased)
3. Cases not yet resolved canonically. Included in this section are the names of priests where canonical proceedings remain to be completed. In each case, the cleric involved has been removed from public ministry.
4. Complaints unresolved due to death of accused cleric. This section includes the names of deceased clergy for whom criminal or canonical proceedings were not completed, but the existence of allegations has been publicized. At the time of their death, they were not involved in public ministry.
5. Complaints received after the death of a cleric and publicized.